I said in the last post that this post would be a continuation of my thoughts on the Singularity. I've changed my mind for a few reasons:
- The topic has humbled me. When I signed up to do a series of 23 daily posts called "Visualizing the Future" 11/11/11 , I had no idea what I was getting myself into.
- I promised my wife not to stay up all night tonight. ;-)
- I've been making these up as I go along.
- I'm starting to appreciate just how interesting the Future is.
- It's become clear to me that by definition, none of us has a clue what will happen in the Future, least of all me. It's why we talk, wonder, gamble, imagine and dream. It's what keeps life interesting and magical.
So here's what I'm going to do:
- Share a rough draft of topics for posts 16 - 22
- Ask for your feedback. All of the topics below are fair game - I'll change them according to your feedback and what makes sense.
- Invite you to play the game with me. Let your guard down, throw out ideas (if you want to do it privately, just send me mail to reubstock AT gmail DOT com )
- Allow everything that comes in to influence the outcome
- Leave #23 open. It's our cliffhanger - we'll see where the path takes us and I'll assemble everything in that last post.
So here they are, working titles for Visualizing the Future #'s 16 - 22:
#16: Storytelling: Beginning, Middle and End
#17: The Stories We're Telling: Are we Amusing Ourselves to Death?
#18: Anything's Possible. History's Greatest Sci-Fi
#19: Religion: The Greatest "Story" Every Told.
#20: What Should We Do? : The Problem of Choice
#21: Behind Door #1: Top Down Design?
#22: Behind Door #2: Emergence Solves the Emergency
#23: TBD: A Mystery
That's it. No links to click, no videos to watch. Just take a second to think, retweet, invite, send me your thoughts.
Look forward to writing this with you guys.