It's official -- our first major launch as a company is underway. Here's the press release .
We will be pulling back the curtains on this in a matter of hours, but here's a little advance peak of what it looks like. Here's what I think make's this so cool:
1. This is the first time a major US. label has done something big in Second Life
2. If you're like me, you remember when music videos existed. Now they've been replaced by reality TV on MTV.
3. Myspace.com has 79 million users who are spending a huge amount of time online sharing and discussing music.
4. This project basically takes a record album and turns it into a socially-enabled music video -- it becomes an album you can live in.
5. Once you're "in" the album, listening to the songs which are only available here before the official release on June 14th, you can invite friends to come hang out with you and listen as well
6. The entire build changes (like theatrical set changes) to match the mood of various songs. You have to hang out a little while to see this, but it's definitely worth it.
Huge kudos go out to the team to Warner Brothers Records as well as to Aimee Webber and Green Fate for their creative vision and scripting magic.
I will drop a Slurl as soon as we open the build later today or tomorrow.